Thread: Willson 2975 is BACK?!?!

Willson 2975 is BACK?!?!

I just saw today on an instagram post that the willson 2975 will be coming back to manufacturing!! How do we all feel about this?

I saw that, too (and it's on Facebook). I think it's a good thing. If you want to buy a 3+1 compensating euphonium you can choose good instruments ranging from the Wessex to a Willson (if that is your cup of tea). Seems like a good thing to have a similar option of you want a front-valve version.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    I saw that, too (and it's on Facebook). I think it's a good thing. If you want to buy a 3+1 compensating euphonium you can choose good instruments ranging from the Wessex to a Willson (if that is your cup of tea). Seems like a good thing to have a similar option of you want a front-valve version.
    I guess Willson didn't want Wessex to corner the market for aging arthritic euphonium players, like myself.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

4. Just got off the phone with Dave Surber, the guy at Getzen who handles their Willson imports.
    He's not so sure about "back", in the sense that he never knew it really left.
    He moves very few of them, "great horn, but not a popular design", but says he's never had an issue sourcing them.
    Says he can get me one if I need it.
    Suggested retail (silverplate version) $10,992 USD, but dealers may sell for less.