Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customizing my Adams E3

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbocaner View Post
    yep, the G in the staff is my biggest intonation complaint with my E3. I'm pretty used to using third valve on that note with my baritone, but I still prefer using 1+2+half trigger.
    I might add that there is no way I would get a trigger for this horn. One of the main reasons I bought it is to have a lighter (much) weight horn than my Sterling due to my advancing tendonitis in fingers and left arm/shoulder.
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    I might add that there is no way I would get a trigger for this horn. One of the main reasons I bought it is to have a lighter (much) weight horn than my Sterling due to my advancing tendonitis in fingers and left arm/shoulder.
    Doug and I share a disincentive for having a trigger on a horn! One of my issues is a compromised wrist due to over-practicing during prep for a hard solo on my old (heavy) Sovereign 967 (it also had a pretty long reach around the 3rd valve slides, which didn't help the situation).

I MIGHT consider a trigger, now that I am using the wrist strap. That relieves a lot of the stress and I might be able to stand a trigger if the horn needed it.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    understood! I’ve had some problems myself mostly because the weight of trombones. I wasn’t suggesting you add a trigger, just making an off-topic comment because I recognized some truth in your observations about E3 intonation.

you do realize that sterling silver is around 20% heavier than brass? I’m not sure how big a deal that is when you’re talking about the bell...
    --
    Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12