X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • S-euph
    • Jan 2020

Ordered a Wessex Festivo today.

Festivo ordered today; arrives Wed. Silver with two thumb rings. I wanted gold lacquer, but they didn’t have one. My primary reason is for reputed ergonomics to help me hold the horn without shaking. I have essential tremors. I’m attempting a switch from trombone to euph because of the tremors. I have high hopes!
    Last edited by S-euph; 02-04-2020, 01:30 AM.
  • RickF
    • Jan 2006

Good luck. Hope it works out for you. Most of us want to keep playing as long as we can, and as long as we can do so well.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches

El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    The Cowboys (John Williams, arr. James Curnow)
    Festive Overture(Dmitri Shostakovich)

Comment

• S-euph
      • Jan 2020

Originally posted by S-euph View Post
      Festivo ordered today; arrives Wed. Silver with two thumb rings. I wanted gold lacquer, but they didn’t have one. My primary reason is for reputed ergonomics to help me hold the horn without shaking. I have essential tremors. I’m attempting a switch from trombone to euph because of the tremors. I have high hopes!

Received it at 3 pm. Just finished an all day and all night session. Over 15 hrs. The sound quality of this horn is fabulous! Such a rich lilting beautiful sound! Intonation integrity is good. However, according to my tuner, and as compared to my Schiller Elite the Festivo is a little sharp. I have to pull the main slide more than I’m comfortable with. I’ll know better next week after I go to my first rehearsal with it. Minor blemish on 1st valve slide. It took me two hrs. to figure out how to hold in a way that accommodates the current state of my Essential Tremors. The mouthpiece that comes with it is a nearly perfect match for it. Among the the large shanks I have it likes the Wick SM4XR so far. The list includes the Wessex Y4, Wick SM4XR ULTRA, Parker LaDuke, Rath L5, Wick 4 AL, Schilke 52D, Hammond 10ML 290, Ian Bousfield S. Arriving soon Schagerl model supplied with their James Morrison signature euph, Wick SM5XR ULTRA, and Willson 51D-3.

Comment

• MikeBMiller
        • Oct 2019

I hope you like it. I had a chance to demo one of those a couple of years ago and I remember that the angle of the lead pipe forces you to put most of the weight of the horn on the left arm, which I found very uncomfortable. That one was a prototype. Maybe they have changed.

Comment

• highpitch
          • Mar 2006

I played in a band a few years ago and one of the euph guys had ET's. Gave him the best vibrato ever, but his complaint was he couldn't turn it off...

Dennis

Comment

• S-euph
            • Jan 2020

Originally posted by highpitch View Post
            I played in a band a few years ago and one of the euph guys had ET's. Gave him the best vibrato ever, but his complaint was he couldn't turn it off...

Dennis
            Well I’ve got him beat in spades! Mine is much much faster! Concert band directors just don’t appreciate nanny goat vibrato, at all. He wants me to stop holding ending chords all the way to the bitter end! I just don’t get no respect no more. LOL

The Festivo has this problem pretty much wiped! And it has an absolutely incredible tone. I’m loving it!

Comment

• Davidus1
              • Jul 2008

Glad you are happy with your purchase. Enjoy!
              John 3:16

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
              Yamaha 354 Trombone
              Conn 15I Euphonium

Comment

Working...
              X