X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enhite
    • May 2012

Recital by Demondrae Thurman

Dr. Demondrae Thurman is giving a euphonium recital at Indiana University, Bloomington, on Friday, January 17, 2020 at 5pm EST. His listed repertoire is: Victorino d’Almeida: Insinuações (2018), Barfield: Meditations of Sound and Light (2007), Schulz: RoonSonata (2003), and Stephenson: Fantasie (2005).
    As many of you know from hearing him play at ITEA conferences and from his recordings, Dr. Thurman is a virtuosic musician.
    Great news for anyone who can’t make the trip to Indiana: His recital will be live streamed by the Jacobs School of Music. Here is a link to the IU live streaming website: https://iumusiclive.music.indiana.edu/
    Last edited by enhite; 01-17-2020, 09:22 AM.
  • Nbnarcisi
    • Jul 2017

Enhite, I’m assuming you mean January 17, as in today ??

Comment

• dsurkin
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Nbnarcisi View Post
      Enhite, I’m assuming you mean January 17, as in today ??
      According to the Indiana website, it's today.
      Dean L. Surkin
      Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
      Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
      Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
      See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

Comment

• enhite
        • May 2012

Oops. I've since corrected my post the right date. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

• John Morgan
          • Apr 2014

Excellent! My wife and I just finished watching and listening. Sure is nice to be able to "attend" a recital by Demondrae from the comfort of your own home!! I bought my Miraphone M5050 partly because of him, and after my Adams, it was the finest euphonium I have ever played. I still use the Demondrae signature mouthpiece, and I love it. I have a gold plated one for my Adams, and get this, I use the one that came with the Miraphone on my Adams trombone!! No kidding. It really works great for me, and the trombone doesn't sound like a euphonium at all. I tried all my trombone mouthpieces when I got it, but still like the Demondrae on it best. That was the mouthpiece I had taken to ITEC 2019 and the one I used to try out the Adams Trombone.

Thanks, Ernie, for letting us know about the recital.
          John Morgan
          The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
          Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
          1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
          Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
          Year Round Except Summer:
          Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
          KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
          Summer Only:
          Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
          Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Comment

• Sara Hood
            • Mar 2017

Any chance this was recorded and made available somewhere? So that those of us that missed it can still see the "canned" version?
            - Sara
            Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240

Comment

• enhite
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Sara Hood View Post
              Any chance this was recorded and made available somewhere? - Sara

Sorry that you missed a very nice recital with all 21st century music. I apologize for not being able give an earlier heads up, as I had just received an emailed notice that morning. IU Music Live https://iumusiclive.music.indiana.edu/ looks to have a links to previously recorded content, but I didn't see anything about Dr. Thurman's recital. I'd advise you to revisit the link occasionally to see if it's posted at a later date.

Comment

• ann reid
                • Jan 2019

I REALLY wanted to hear the Barfield. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                X