Thread: Warm air

Warm air

I always like to watch educational videos on youtube. I notice, there is a video i noticed mentioning "focus on warm warm". As i tried, when my lips is in blow position and blew, it feels cold in hand. Any comments? Thank you.
    Last edited by Jemonzon; 01-11-2020 at 09:09 AM.

It's confusing, I agree. I DO think of those terms as I adjust my tone, but it is really more of an internal process. Think about how you blow on your hands when you want to warm them. That is the "warm air" concept. The opposite kind of air use, when you might want a more edgy sound, is to think of your air the way it is when you are trying to blow out a candle about 18" from your face.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Jemonzon View Post
    I always like to watch educational videos on youtube. I notice, there is a video i noticed mentioning "focus on warm warm". As i tried, when my lips is in blow position and blew, it feels cold in hand. Any comments? Thank you.
    Try this. Purse your lips and blow (like you're whistling) on the bell of your horn. Nothing happens. But, open your mouth and gently exhale (like you're sighing) and you will see condensation form on your bell. That is "warm air". As Dave said above, it is just a concept of relaxing and not blowing using too much pressure.

Mike

I get it. Thank you!