Thread: Sterling

Sterling

Looks like Baltimore Brass has two Sterlings in stock, the 1065 Virtuoso and the 1065 H, prices seem to be quite good.

2. I spoke with Paul Riggett and with Baltimore Brass this last Friday (both). They have three Sterlings sent out by Paul about 2 weeks ago. Two "regular" Virtuoso's (1065) and a heavy bell (1065H).
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Looks like the 1065H is already on hold.

Has the virtuoso model number always been the 1065? The Perantucci / Sterling I have is a 1065GHS, which I guess means gold brass heavy bell?
    Sterling / Perantucci 1065HGS Euphonium, 1952 B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, and a bunch of trombones.

I spoke with David Fedderly regarding the different models, and this is what he had to say:

"Yes it seems Paul has settled on 2 models.

The regular Virtuoso and the other is the same basic instrument with a heavier bell more the direction of your Sterling Silver bell but just heavier yellow brass is my understanding."

So, it seems that these models will be yellow brass with regular and yellow brass with heavy bells.

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Looks like the 1065H is already on hold.

Has the virtuoso model number always been the 1065? The Perantucci / Sterling I have is a 1065GHS, which I guess means gold brass heavy bell?
    Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
    Fox Valley Brass Band