Thread: FS: Conn 5-Valve Double-Bell with 2 Curved Bells

FS: Conn 5-Valve Double-Bell with 2 Curved Bells

This horn could use some small dent work and a re-finishing, but looks to be in good condition otherwise. Here is the seller's description:

Good condition for its age with only some signs of use. All 5 valves move. The two main tuning slides move. other slides stuck, but it was easy to get the main ones moving, so they likely would come back with oiling/cleaning. Nice bell engraved with flowers. The engraving on the bell Reads C. G. Conn Elkhart, IND., U.S.A. Serial number 274994. Model 60 I. It is my understanding that these horns were made between 1924-1938. you can look up the exact date on-line with the serial number. Has finish wear. Has some dings and small dents, not too bad. could use a little cleaning/polishing/oiling. Includes a vintage Giardinelli 12 C mouthpiece. Like any older horn, it may need some attention/restoration, depending upon the player's preferences. Sold as is. $99.99 s/h to lower 48 states US. will ship world wide. see my other auctions for more mouthpieces and other cool stuff.
    The bid starts at $1,874.99 (gotta wonder how that was decided!). That would be a pretty good buy if it doesn't go much higher. I'd be hesitant to spend a whole lot more. No case is included.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22384432948...m=223844329485

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	7349 Click image for larger version. 

Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	7350 Click image for larger version. 

Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	7351 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	4 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	7352 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	4 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	7353
    Last edited by davewerden; 01-12-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Updated URL
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams E3, Denis Wick 4AL (classic)
    Instructor of Euphonium and Tuba
    Twitter: davewerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    YouTube: dwerden