Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willson 2950TA

Willson 2950TA

Hi! Im just new hear and currently in singapore for holidays. I saw a used willson 2950ta here and looks good in and out. It costing around 1,800usd. Do you think its the right price for willson? Im an intermediate euphonium player and focusing to be a professional player soon. I want to buy my own instrument for me to achieve my goal and continue my passion. Regards to all.
    Last edited by Jemonzon; 12-31-2019 at 05:46 PM.

That seems very inexpensive. Probably in “too good to be true” territory.

If it’s in good condition and you can try before you buy, that’s an incredible deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemonzon View Post
    Hi! Im just new hear and currently in singapore for holidays. I saw a used willson 2950ta here and looks good in and out. It costing around 1,800usd. Do you think its the right price for willson? Im an intermediate euphonium player and focusing to be a professional player soon. I want to buy my own instrument for me to achieve my goal at continue my passion. Regards to all.
    Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
    Fox Valley Brass Band

I agree with Mike's response. That is a VERY LOW price for a Willson in good condition. But if it is "real" then you could get a true bargain.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Original selling price is 3000us. Maybe because of may way of bargaining, they gave it in the price of 1800usd. Dont know how to post ng photos. But i will give you update once i tried the willson. Thank you guys
    Last edited by Jemonzon; 12-31-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Dave i sent photos of your facebook

I don't see anything on my Facebook page or the messaging system.

However, even at $3,000 in good condition, the price was at least fair and maybe even excellent. At $1,800 it would be the lowest price I have seen for such a horn!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Can i add you? You may check at facebook messenger request. OMG!!!! Im a follower of yours at youtube

The trick and expense may come from trying to get the horn home. Make sure that you consider that as you consider the price and whether to make the deal or not. Also, make sure you have good documentation of the sale, in case you get challenged regarding it, as you travel. I am hoping that the deal works out for you.

I also applaud your desire to own your own instrument. That is probably one of the biggest things you can do toward your musical development.

- Sara
    Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240

I got my second-hand 2960TA for roughly €3700 which is like, $4000-ish? So yeah that's a VERY low price for a professional-grade Willson.

Giving update to you guys. I just got the 2950TA at 1,900usd including tax. Sounds good. All the valves and tuning slides working properly. No dents at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast