Thread: Warm Up with play along

Warm Up with play along

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for warm up books with play along track to use them on my classes.

Nowadays, I'm using several books like "15 minutes warm-up routine" by Michael Davis or "The Hollywood warm up". Do you know another books similar to these?

Thanks!
    Jorge Estruch: Euphonium, trombone & tuba teacher/Euphonium player

Euph: Besson Prestige 2052-2
    Mpc: ​Denis Wick 4AL

Twitter: @jorgeuphonium
    Instagram: @jorge_estruch
    Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JorgEuphonium

The Vincent Cichowicz books: Long Tone Studies and the Flow Studies vol I and vol II each come with a performance CD. They are available through Balquhidder Music, CA. not sure if they are available in both treble and bass clefs.
    Just discovered: according to Studio 259 Productions, they are now available for tuba, trombone and euphonium.
    Last edited by Nbnarcisi; 12-26-2019 at 04:16 AM.

You can check out "foundation for superior performance" if it is what you're looking for but I'm using The Hollywood warm up as well so I didn't try it myself.

Clarification please

Quote Originally Posted by SummersN View Post
    You can check out "foundation for superior performance" if it is what you're looking for but I'm using The Hollywood warm up as well so I didn't try it myself.
    Just to clarify, for my sake please. Is Foundation a play along style, or just a stand alone method book? Found a good price for it on Amazon.
    - Sara
    Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240

Sara, just a note: I just ordered "Foundations for Superior Performance" (Warm-Ups and Technique for Band) by Richard Williams & Jeff King as it sounded like it would be good to have. It’s stand alone, not play along and is pretty basic. Has all the scales but their technical stuff only includes eighth notes. There are some scales with triplet eighth notes. I'm returning my copy - if I can.
    Last edited by RickF; 01-02-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Hello Rick (smile). Correct me if I am wrong. Your copy would be for the bass clef euphonium part?

I am thinking about ordering it. Even if it is not very technical. I help lead a group of kids (ages 7 to 16) who are all in their first few years of brass playing. I was thinking that I would find some material to help them learn. They are just starting to wrap their heads and abilities around playing in different keys or in different musical styles.

- Sara

Hi Sara. For the purpose you describe this book would be useful. In fact for my review on Amazon I said it was appropriate for middle school to early years in high school.

Mine was for TC euphonium. I still refer to myself as a “trumpet refugee”.
    Last edited by RickF; 01-03-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    YEP-641S (recently sold)

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Bingo!

Rick - This is getting better and better. Treble is my preferred clef too. Would you consider selling it to me for a few bucks, instead of returning it? PM me and we can work out the details.
    - Sara

Sorry Sara but I already sent it back to Amazon. As you probably know it’s really easy returning to Amazon. Price of the book was just about $7.

Here’s a link if you need it:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Rick Floyd
    YEP-641S (recently sold)

Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)