Thread: Yamaha 842ts problems

1. Yamaha 842ts problems

Hey everyone! I recently bought a brand yep 842ts (trigger system) and it’s making the most obnoxious little rattle with every note. Do any other 842 owners have the same issues and if so HOW DID YOU FIX IT? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Sorry it has to be for tracking down an annoyance.

Start by looking here:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...zing-vibration

and here:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...zing-Sound-(-)

Does anything in either of those threads help?
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

I would first check the valve caps, top and bottom, as well as the adjustment for the trigger. Make sure that the trigger linkage is lubricated as well.
    Sterling / Perantucci 1065HGS Euphonium, 1952 B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, and a bunch of trombones.

From whom did you purchase your horn?
    Arnold (Arnie) Williams
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium with Gold Brass bell (Capitol Pops Band, Capitol Pops Tuba Euphonium Quartet)
    Yamaha YBH-831S Neo Baritone Horn (Joyous Brass, First Baritone)
    Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone (Ophir Prison Marching Kazoo Band and Temperance Society LMTD)
    Yamaha YEP-830 Xeno Bass Trombone (Sacramento Concert Band)
    Euphonium: DW Heritage 4AL (main); K&G 3D (Ophir Prison Band)
    Bass Trombone: Ferguson M Series Jeff Reynolds

Yes I had/have a similar problem on my 642 Neo with Trigger. The vibration on mine comes from the main tuning slide being too loose within the tuning slide casing. Using a thick grease, like Hetman's heavy solves the problem, until it thins out and needs to be replaced. Of course, using a thicker grease makes the trigger harder to push, but I find I don't use it all that often.
    Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
    K&G 3.5D
    ---------------------------------
    Founder and Solo Euphonium
    San Francisco Brass Band

6. this helped thank you so much i’ve been losing my mind over this small rattle

7. thanks i’ll check these out

8. a local music dealer, they are one of the yamaha shokunin dealers, buddy rogers music

An easy thing to do is to grab a friend/relative/etc and play a note that really causes that vibration. Then have them touch parts of the horn you suspect. You can also do this yourself somewhat. Maybe take a clean sock or something and wrap various parts of the horn.
    Sterling / Perantucci 1065HGS Euphonium, 1952 B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, and a bunch of trombones.