Thread: Any info about LOUD?

Any info about LOUD?

I've been thinking about buying a LOUD for marching but was wondering if someone has any info about them against a System Blue SBBA, which is what I'm currently using for marching?

LOUD is essentially out of business. There was a domestic squabble between
    the husband and wife who ran the company, and it became extremely acri-
    monious.
    I had an LM-20 euphonium mouthpiece for a while, but I found it to be too
    big for me and I passed it on to another player. It's about the size of a Wick
    3, and I use a 4-sized cup.
    Jim Williams N9EJR (love 10 meter CW)
    Formerly Principal Euphonium in a whole
    bunch of groups, now just a schlub.
    Shires Q41, Yamaha 321, 621 Baritone
    Wick 4AL, Wessex 4Y, or whatever I grab.
    Conn 50H trombone, Blue P-bone
    www.soundcloud.com/jweuph

Quote Originally Posted by tkernea04 View Post
    I've been thinking about buying a LOUD for marching but was wondering if someone has any info about them against a System Blue SBBA, which is what I'm currently using for marching?
    I don't have experience with your mouthpiece, but based on the description is sounds like it's about a Bach 5 or 6/1/2 AL size. As the post above mentioned, the LM-20 is very large. The LM-25 is also quite large. Loud did make several smaller models that you may find used somewhere. You can check the mouthpiece comparison chart of this forum.

MIke

This has nothing to do with the general question about the LOUDs, but I still have an LM25 and an LM20. The LM25 was marketed as a better mouthpiece than a 51D. The LM20 as an alternative to the SM3 (I believe they copied the SM3 cup into a heavy stainless design) . Both were good mouthpieces, but neither worked for me particularly well.

Any reason why you're gravitating towards LOUD or the System Blue? There are great mouthpieces and mouthpiece makers out there. Karl Hammond has done custom orders for Drum Corps groups, so people are definitely using them.
    Sterling / Perantucci 1065HGS Euphonium, 1952 B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, and a bunch of trombones.