Thread: Wessex Dolce vs JP274MII vs Dillon DMB-967

Wessex Dolce vs JP274MII vs Dillon DMB-967

Wessex Dolce vs JP274MII vs Dillon DMB-967

I am an amateur player looking for a quality, durable, compensating euphonium. Previous horns: Yamaha YEP-321, King 2280, and a 60s Besson New Standard.
    Just coming from playing tuba for the past few years and looking for a newer or near new horn. Will play again in community band or church groups. Budget is max $2000.

Preferences:
    12" Bell
    Large shank
    Lacquer (Brass) finish
    Durable pistons
    4 Valve - preferably compensating

I think the following would suit my needs:

John Packer JP274MII - high end of my budget - depending on seller (any sales?).
    Wessex Dolce - right in the middle - not available until mid-Jan.
    Dillon DMB-967 - not many reviews - worried about durability

Open to other suggestions.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

you should be able to get the 274 for way less than $2000. Contact Joe sellmansberger at Mid south music.

Of those three, it's the winner by a long shot. here's a good video detailing the differences between it and the JinBao offerings
    https://youtu.be/e-OSpMLgN5o

Thanks 58mark. I checked and placed my order with Joe Sellmansberger at Mid South Music. Very nice to deal with. I can't wait to get it.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

i just received the JP274 today. It plays really well. The fit and finish is very nice. Coming back from tuba I have to adjust to playing again. The valves are fast and quiet. I have never had a brand new horn of my own and am happy with this one as it feels solid. Obviously it will take much more time playing it to verify. So far so good.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba