Thread: WTB: wessex br-140 or similar 3-valve compensating baritone

WTB: wessex br-140 or similar 3-valve compensating baritone

I love my Yamaha Neo but I've just started a brass band and I'm looking for a good instrument for our 2nd player! Wessex seems to be out of stock on their web site so I'm looking to see what's out there from a used perspective. Thanks!

Barry
    --
    Barry

Barry,

Have you seen this one? It looks like a very fair price for the newer edition of the baritone I play, but I think it may be out of budget (nearly 3k):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Besson-BE-9...n/223494605846

There is also a Jin Bao from China for $580 including shipping. At least one of our members had good luck ordering from China:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professiona...n/302300750718
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams E3, Denis Wick 4AL (classic)
    Instructor of Euphonium and Tuba
    Twitter: davewerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    YouTube: dwerden
    Owner of TubaEuph.com, DWerden.com

Thanks, Dave. I swore I would never own another Besson/Buffet Crampon instrument after the awful customer service I received from them on the multiple 2052 and 2056 I used to own. The Jin Bao is interesting but I would prefer an instrument that wasn't nickel-plated. I saw a lacquered one being sold by a dealer in the Netherlands for 250 EUR, but I'm hoping to find an instrument that I can get quickly.
    --
    Barry

Don’t know if the Schiller brand interests you Barry, but Jim Labbs has a few models according to their website.
    Yamaha 642 Neo ST
    Besson New Standard
    S E Shires Q-40
    Conn Constellation 24i & 25i
    Wessex Sinfonico due 2/2020
    King Cleveland Baritone

Member of West Mass Brass Band