Thread: WTB: wessex br-140 or similar 3-valve compensating baritone

WTB: wessex br-140 or similar 3-valve compensating baritone

I love my Yamaha Neo but I've just started a brass band and I'm looking for a good instrument for our 2nd player! Wessex seems to be out of stock on their web site so I'm looking to see what's out there from a used perspective. Thanks!

Barry
    --
    Barry

Barry,

Have you seen this one? It looks like a very fair price for the newer edition of the baritone I play, but I think it may be out of budget (nearly 3k):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Besson-BE-9...n/223494605846

There is also a Jin Bao from China for $580 including shipping. At least one of our members had good luck ordering from China:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professiona...n/302300750718
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Thanks, Dave. I swore I would never own another Besson/Buffet Crampon instrument after the awful customer service I received from them on the multiple 2052 and 2056 I used to own. The Jin Bao is interesting but I would prefer an instrument that wasn't nickel-plated. I saw a lacquered one being sold by a dealer in the Netherlands for 250 EUR, but I'm hoping to find an instrument that I can get quickly.
    --
    Barry

Don’t know if the Schiller brand interests you Barry, but Jim Labbs has a few models according to their website.

Found a JP373 for sale super cheap. Not my fave baritone ever, but it'll do the job. Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions!
    --
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by bbocaner View Post
    I love my Yamaha Neo but I've just started a brass band and I'm looking for a good instrument for our 2nd player! Wessex seems to be out of stock on their web site so I'm looking to see what's out there from a used perspective. Thanks!

Barry
    Where did you start the brass band?

Mike

based out of burke, va.
    --
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by bbocaner View Post
    based out of burke, va.
    Is it open to public to join or try out?

Yes, my co-founders and I are happy to listen to anyone who wants to join. Low brass section is all covered at this point, but that may change so we're always looking to have additional players on speed-dial. Send me a PM, we'll find some time to get together!
    --
    Barry