Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuba Christmas - Find One and Play!

I ordered the larger format book that Snorlax is referencing for this year (Carols for a Merry Tubachristmas). It's great. I'll be using it at the Sacramento gathering. Thanks, Jim, for you part in creating this much easier-to-read version.

Got this picture in a text from my brother in Jax (Jacksonville, FL). He and his wife attended on the 21st. Always a good crowd at the beach in the band shell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TubaChristmas Jax at Bandshell at beach.JPG  
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

This one, in NYC, is probably the most well-known of any in the USA. Good video at the link below:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as...-rink/2242784/
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

I played in Jupiter, FL and the following week in The Villages, FL. So much fun. I love doing this for the holidays and meeting so many other musicians.

Something a bit different for the Tuba Christmas this year in my town is we played in the lobby area of the auditorium an hour before The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra Concert. We got 50% off the WSO Christmas Concert that followed Tuba Christmas and complimentary tickets for the next WSO here in February.

This year, I put 11 inch portable LED lights on my euphonium, wrapped it to the bell of my euph. and just scotch tape the wire part to the bell. The lights took 4 AA batteries. There's 6 light sequences to it. This a quick selfie that I did for the lights on my euphonium back in November. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tubachristmasselfie.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	7339

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12