Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristianeSparkle
    • Jun 2018

Aww, it's okay! Hope there will be others who will get the chance to try the Sinfonico and drop a review here.

The brace connecting the bell and the rest of the body seems to be higher on the Sinfonico, and also, is it me or is there no 4th valve lock on it? Can't see it in the photo
    "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
    Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

Comment

• RickF
      • Jan 2006

Interesting pics. In the pics compared to the Willson 2900 you can see where the top bow is shorter and bottom bow is longer. Overall length has to be the same but that really strikes me as a big difference.
      Rick Floyd
      Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
      Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches

El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
      The Cowboys (John Williams, arr. James Curnow)
      Festive Overture(Dmitri Shostakovich)

Comment

• miketeachesclass
        • Feb 2016

I went and played this today at the Wessex Showroom. The horn at the showroom didn't have the "copper" highlights, but I'm told it was a "production" version of the horn regardless.

It plays very much like a Willson 2900, in my opinion. In fact, it played significantly better than the yamaha Neo I tried this afternoon. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I was. I don't know how wessex horns hold up generally speaking, but (especially for the money), it's quite good. I'm planning to play a JP sterling wednesday at Midwest, so we'll see how that fares in the same price range.
        Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
        Fox Valley Brass Band

Comment

Working...
        X