Thread: Down another horn - my Connstellation left the fold today!

1. Down another horn - my Connstellation left the fold today!

To all,

My 1968 Conn Connstellation 24i (with a spare 25i bell and case) has now gone to another member of our forum. I have owned the horn since June of 2007 (12 1/2 years) and enjoyed having a great horn, but these days, I only use it for TubaChristmas and for parades. And I don't do TubaChristmas or parades any more, so it was mostly sitting in my practice room and only getting taken out to oil valves and insure it stayed in good shape.

I played a Connstellation from fall of 1965 to the spring of 1971, changing over to a Besson New Standard in the fall of 1971. The 24i's I played in HS and Junior College took me to California State Honor Band 1st chair seats in 1968 and 1969 and Western States JC honor band 1st chairs in 1970 and 1971. I also performed solos with the Symphonic bands in the same years, playing "From the Shores of the Mighty Pacific" in 1968, "Fantasia di Concerto" in 1969 and the Rimsky-Korsakov Trombone Concerto in 1970 (not sure what I did in '71).

So my family of instruments has been reduced to just three, my Adams and Sterling euphoniums and my Sterling baritone.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Congrats on the sale Doug! It was a beautiful horn. I'm sure the new owner is very proud of it and will enjoy years of playing it.
    John 3:16

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
    Yamaha 354 Trombone
    Conn 15I Euphonium

That would be me and yes, I am extremely happy to now own this horn, it is in truly wonderful condition and I hope to get many years of enjoyment from it. Although I’ll never be in the same performance league as Doug (or many of you on this site), there will be numerous venues where I’ll be able to use the Conn.

Most importantly, thank you Doug for your hospitality in welcoming us to your home and your wealth of knowledge !

Nick

4. Doug,
    Congratulations if that is what you wanted to do.
    Do not let the thinning out idea spread too far. I will be in trouble.
    Your Constellation years say you are a young guy.
    Jim
    Jim Babbitt
    1960s 4 valve and 1971 3 valve Besson New Standards (Denis Wick 6BM) for regular playing
    1936 Conn 5 valve 30I Double Bell (Bach 6-1/2AL) General Purpose Back -Up
    1924 Buescher 5 valve (the Denis Wick is close) and 1940 Holton 5 valve (Bach 6-1/2AL) Double Bells for kicks.
    1860s OTS Saxhorn when history is required (the Denis Wick fits)

So Doug is not as 'horny' now...LOL.

I really love my little York from you.

DG