Thread: Eastman EUM-621

1. Eastman EUM-621

Hi Euphonium friends, I recently stumbled upon a horn known as the Eastman EUM-621. A fully compensating advanced level horn with a tuning trigger under the eastman name. It is not for sale in the US and I have never heard of this model. Does anyone have an info on this horn? I’m very curious

Are you sure you got the model number correct? EUM 621 is a non compensating Euphonium based on Google search
    "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
    Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

3. This EUM-621 looks like another Yahama 621 clone. There's an EUM-721 that's compensating, but I don't see a trigger mechanism on it. It looks like a Besson-style horn.

As far as I can tell, the US-spec model number is 426 for the non-comp and 526 for a compensating horn with Yamaha-style tubing. A bit strange that the same company would have two different bases for this kind of thing, but that's what you get with stencils, I suppose.
    Whatever you lose, you'll find it again. What you throw away, you'll never get back.

-- Kenshin Himura

1974 B & H Imperial / Bach 3G -- no LTE mouthpieces for me!

4. I just figured out that it’s actually a 721!

So, what do folks know about the EUM-721?

Compensating, yes. Appears to be very cheap (like the Jinbao stencils…standing in stark contrast with the EEP euphonium models).
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

6. I found this horn here:
    http://eastman-instruments.com/index...product_id=287

It has the same specs as many Jinbao horns: 300mm bell & 15mm bore. But, it's heavy at almost 11.6lbs! It's also fairly tall at just about 27inches tall when most euphoniums (I believe) are around 26in tall.
    I'm not sure if this is the same known Eastman company we're familiar with.
    Last edited by ivanhouston; 02-12-2023 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Needing to include more info on the horn mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by ivanhouston View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the same known Eastman company we're familiar with.
    Yeah. I believe this company is different than the one that bought S.E.Shires…
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server