I decided to try the Mead light springs and Resilience valve oil. I gave my horn a bath, wiped every valve and slide down and reassembled using the new springs, Resilience valve oil and for consistency, Resilience slide grease. Up to yesterday, I was using Hetman 8 for slides and Yamaha valve oil (I had previously tried Hetman valve oil and Blue Juice, but found I got better results with the Yamaha).

My first impressions:
Resilience slide grease: it's clear, unlike the yellowish color of Hetman. So far, it appears comparable to the Hetman. I'll know more when I have to rapidly pull my second valve tuning slide to empty the water.

Resilience valve oil: too soon to tell. I'll update this after a few days

Mead springs: I had previously used the Yamaha springs, and when the coating began peeling off I sent back to the stock Mack Brass springs that shipped with the horn - I was waiting for someplace to get the Mead light springs in stock. The Mead springs appear to have a very good coating. The coil is has fewer rotations (if that's the right term), spaced further apart. Nevertheless, the spring has plenty of strength. In fact, if these are what Mr. Mead considers light, I'm glad I didn't try the regular ones. The valves require noticeably more force than with the Yamaha or Mack Brass springs, and as a result they are faster to respond.