Thread: FS: Willson 4-Valve Compensating Euph - Maybe 2900 - Rough and Might Go Cheap

Thumbs up FS: Willson 4-Valve Compensating Euph - Maybe 2900 - Rough and Might Go Cheap

This horn has been around the block and I think it's pretty old. Seller says he contacted the company with the serial number, but the horn predates their cataloging. Starting bid is $2,000 and there is a make-offer button. I assume he means a higher offer and I have no idea what he will take for it. Personally I could not go very high for this one, but for a low enough price it might be a good bargain for a serviceable instrument.

ITEM SOLD FOR $2,000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Willson-4-Valve-Compensating-Euphonium/254361661032

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	280.0 KB 
ID:	7162 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	276.7 KB 
ID:	7163

-- edit to mark sold --
    Last edited by davewerden; 09-21-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

It can't be that old because it has the newer style valve tubing bracing. Prior to the wire across the first and third valve tubing like they have now, they used to use more standard tubular braces.
    --
    Barry

3. Sold for $2,000.00

Did someone here buy it? If so, please let us know how the horn is once you get it. That is a great price if the horn plays well.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium