Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hirsbrunner 479 Experience

Quote Originally Posted by snorsworthy View Post
    Dave,

Makes me think that Peter Hirsbrunner was using thicker metal? Otherwise, I think your Adams and his HB479 are the same architecture / design, right?

Steve
    Could be, but I'm not sure. Also, the E2 is not really the right horn to compare for a huge sound. I has thick metal, but the soldered bell rim and different bracing are intended to give it a more focused sound (rather than a large, broad sound). Ordering a custom E3 in yellow brass at .80 might be a closer shot.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

My yellow brass .6mm E3 custom with a trigger and no AGR is 9.8lbs.

I think thicker metal and more bracing could certainly account for .7lbs.
    --
    Barry

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    I just reweighed my Adams E3, Sterling Silver bell, .6 mm, trigger, AGR and no mouthpiece (I may have included this in the weight I gave in my review 3 years ago). It came in at 10 pounds, +/- .25 pounds. I need some better measuring gear, but pretty sure my horn is closer to 10 pounds than 10.5 pounds as I earlier stated.

Just thinking about the weight, that makes my horn about $1,000 per pound, yikes!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

I weighed my Willson 2900 and it is right at 10 pounds.

I get involved in this discussion regarding weight: the euphoniums you weigh are around 9/10 pounds. My personal Prestige 2052 is 11,13 pounds (5,05 Kg) with lighter caps and without mouthpiece, water collector and trigger protection. If you add these things and LeFreque plates do 12,32 pounds (5,59 Kg). I'd be curious to know if it's just my particular instrument ( German made, 2007), or other Besson Prestige owners have the same weight on the specimens in their possession( Besson indicates 4,7 Kg ( 10,36 pounds), the weight of the Prestige).
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12