Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digital Music Tools & Software

I use MobileSheets Pro to store/display/coordinate my music (there's a Free version that has a limit to how many songs you can upload, but nice for trying it out), and right now I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 10.5" which comes with a pen. I'm able to notate the sheet music fairly easily using the pen which is a plus, and I can take other notes on the tablet as well. I'm completely paper-free right now which is awesome.

I wear glasses but have very good eyesight with them on, so the size is not an issue, but it may be a problem for some. I sit the tablet on a regular music stand but if someone had to bring the tablet closer to see the music due to the smaller size, I'd considering purchasing a tripod which would eliminate the bulky stand and would allow for the tablet to be brought closer without any awkwardness.

My pedal is a Donner Wireless Page Turner which was about half the price of some of the competitors, and it works perfectly.
    "Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl."
    "The end (of the world) will come, but love and music live forever."

Euph: Geneva Symphony (4v-comp, trig)
    Euph: Besson New Standard (3v-comp 1978)
    Bari: Wessex BR-140 (3v-comp, lacquer)
    Mpcs: Euph (SM4) Bari (Stork T1)

Update - Adopting digital

Okay folks. I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a device for this purpose. I wanted/needed a new computer too, so I ended up getting a 13.3 inch 2-1 laptop/tablet hybrid (HP Spectre 360). I wish that I did not have the keyboard exposed when I am working with the screen in its tablet formation. But we will see if it is all that terrible as I put it to some actual use. If I have my act together, I plan on starting to use it as a sheet music alternative at Wednesday's practice. In the mean time, I need to pick some sheet music reader apps to try, and try to get PDF versions of the stuff we are playing currently.

Forscore is a popular app, but it is only available via Apple, so that is out. I think that I am going to try Mobile Sheets and Music Reader for starters. I will keep reporting back, so we will see where this all ends up.

- Sara
    Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123