Thread: For Sale: Meinl Weston 2145 CC Tuba with MAW Valves, Chicago Area

For Sale: Meinl Weston 2145 CC Tuba with MAW Valves, Chicago Area

I am selling my MW 2145 piston CC tuba. The horn has recently been cleaned and is in great working condition. I installed the MAW valves on the horn, which live up to their reputation, and it is equipped with a PVAK kit. Included will be an MTS hard case and the original valves as well, although I cannot think of a reason you would want to take the MAW valves out.

The horn has a wonderful sound throughout the entire range, which is amplified by the MAW valves. The low register is very accessible and responsive especially considering it is a compact 4/4 horn. The mid and upper register slot very well and this is definitely a do-it-all horn. I’ve used this horn on a solo recital and it would fit well in a band, small orchestra, and would be perfect for any chamber ensemble.

The horn has normal wear and tear and you can see the bell has been rolled out at one point. Nothing major though and nothing that negatively impacts the sound. The only reason I am selling is because I am looking for something slightly bigger.

Asking price is $6,200 + shipping. This includes the horn, MAW valves, PVAK kit, and MTS hardcass. Since I am in Chicago, both Amtrak and Greyhound are options. I am also willing to drive a few hours for serious buyers.

I am also willing to sell the horn for $5,400 without the MAW valves. I can also toss in a protec gig bag and Bobo Symphony mouthpiece.

Right now, the primary focus is a sale, but I would consider a trade for the right piston CC tuba.

Pics are posted here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...b5jYQCW4nCUZ7X

PM me or email at atstevens84 at gmail dot com
    Last edited by adsteve; 09-05-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Just a quick update. I am willing to toss in a protec gig bag and a bobo symphony mouthpiece. I am also willing to sell the horn WITHOUT the MAW valves for a price of $5,400. right now I am more interested in a sale.

BUMP price dropped to $6,000 OBO. Very motivated seller.