Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What euphonium would you buy if money were no object?

I would wanna buy a Yamaha 642 II Neo, a Geneva Symphony or Cardinal, and a Besson Sovereign baritone horn

One of every single model available. Then I'd figure out which one suits me the best. Then I'd give the rest away.

E - Well... Maybe I'd hold onto two 😆
    Last edited by spkissane; 08-31-2019 at 06:29 AM.

3. I’d get exactly the Adams E3 I have right now. 0,6 thickness, Sterling bell, trigger, ruthenium trim. Plays like a dream!
    Euphonium: Adams E3 Custom Series (SS Bell)
    Trombone: Benge 175F

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchEupho View Post
    I’d get exactly the Adams E3 I have right now. 0,6 thickness, Sterling bell, trigger, ruthenium trim. Plays like a dream!
    It's just kind of hard to improve on perfection (or close to it), isn't it?
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianeSparkle View Post
    Unless I have my calculations wrong, the Inderbiden is even more expensive than the Adams, right?
    As far as I can tell, an E3 without a special bell is very reasonably priced at the professional level. Even with the SS bell it’s comparable to a Prestige or Willson.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianeSparkle View Post
    Unless I have my calculations wrong, the Inderbiden is even more expensive than the Adams, right?
    Per their website, 13,300 Swiss francs, and the CHF is about on parity with USD these days.

I just checked the conversion: $13,434. And it doesn't even have any water valves!
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

At that price, I fully expect the Inderbiden to be fully self-tuning with the ability to bend the pitch a full 360 degrees and allow me to play like Mr. Werden and Mr. Mead.
    "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
    Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

Probably also the Yamaha YEP-642TSII Neo with Trigger. I've got a few Yamaha horns, and they always are well made and dependable.
    Sterling / Perantucci 1065HGS Euphonium, 1952 B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, and a bunch of trombones.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBj View Post
    I'm not sure. I'd want to go somewhere where I could spend a number of hours over several days playing all the best horns before I made a decision.

I'll tell y'all one thing for dang sure -- it would have a trigger!
    I thought along the same lines. If money wasn’t an issue then I should be able to travel as well. I guess if I absolutely HAD to make a blind choice, I’d probably give in to sentiment like an idiot and also go for the Yamaha 642 II Neo. My first euph was a Yam, my flute is a Yam, heck even the baby grand piano my mom has owned since before I was born is a Yam. The Yamaha name just has this familiar, nostalgic allure.

10. Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Ah, the "big foot" of euphoniums ... I've never ever seen one, but some people think it exists. (Actually, I'm pretty sure this horn does actually exist!)

Since the name has been raised, has ANYONE on the forum had a chance to blow on an Inderbiden? Unless I'm forgetting something, I don't recall ever hearing a first-hand report.
    I tried to buy one back in 2012, but ultimately the seller decided he wanted to keep it. Here's what he had to say about it:
    I bought the horn in 2007/2008 I think. I have used alot in the start but in my job as the one euphonium player in 40 persons military band, my old Wilson and Yamaha 642NEO seems to work better. Blends better with the tubas and trombones [...] The horn is very flexible and a dream to play. Somewhat light in response but sings rich, deep and warm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast