X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xfoontes
    • Mar 2019

Parker mouthpieces

So ive been extremely interested in parker mouthpieces for a while now, im just not sure what size I should get,i hear the lance laduke is pretty good but i feel as if a 5g 51d wouldnt give me enough room for my embouchure, i think these are the top three in my standings-

Parker 5g 51d
    Parker 4g 53
    Parker 4g 3g

Apparently the 4g 3g is the same as the 4g 53 just with an extended rim to make it deeper, but im afraid of going to big and then having to completely change my embouchure, can you guys help me choose? And if there are any other mouthpieces you would recommend, please let me know!
  • MikeS
    • Apr 2012

I can only speak to the 5g 51d. Although the rim diameter is listed as 26.00mm, it feels smaller to me than a Wick 4al, but bigger than a Bach 5g. The rim feels to me very comparable to a Giddings Kadja or an Elliott 1.01 rim. It feels a bit bigger than a Wick 5al, but I think that’s due to the Wick rim being flatter.

That said, I really like the Parker. It has, for me, a sound that is maybe a hair brighter than the Kadja or a 5al, but with more presence and life to to it. On my Besson 968 it also provides the best intonation of any mouthpiece I’ve tried.

Comment

Working...
    X