• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkircoff
    • Jan 2013

FS: Adams E1 Custom euphonium with sterling silver bell and trigger

Hello all,

I recently picked up an Adams E3 Custom, and to help fund that I am reluctanty offering my Adams E1 Custom for sale. It is a few years old, has .55 gauge thickness with a sterling silver bell, is multi-colored, and has a trigger. I bought this from Lee Stofer last year, who in turn got it from a college student who won an audition to play in a military band. It's a great horn with really good response, great valve action, and beautiful tone. The valves are in great shape, and the trigger system works perfectly. There are a couple of dings that I have photographed, along with some belt buckle scuffs and some scratching on the bell edge. Overall it is in pristine shape and it is an eye opener with its multi-colored appearance and lacquered finish. Included is Yahama hard shell case (some pictures show the Adams in a different case).

I've attached pictures to this post, which you can also view at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-9...R1QHjijst1IQdO

I'm asking $4,500. Email jkircoff at gmail dot com if interested or if you have any questions.

*****SOLD on 10/09/19*****

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Morgan; 10-09-2019, 02:28 PM.
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)
  • jkircoff
    • Jan 2013

Price reduced to $5,000 with a Yamaha hard shell case instead of the Marcus Bonna.
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

Comment

• jkircoff
      • Jan 2013

Price reduced to $4,500.
      James Kircoff

Comment

• davewerden
        Administrator
        • Nov 2005

For anyone thinking about this, I played the horn when I was at Lee's shop. This thing REALLY responds! The notes come out the bell almost before you start to play them (well, that's a slight exaggeration, but it has very quick response).
        Dave Werden (ASCAP)
        Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
        Adams Artist (Adams E3)
        Alliance Mouthpiece DC3, Wick 4AL, Wick 4ABL
        YouTube: dwerden
        Facebook: davewerden
        Twitter: davewerden
        Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Comment

• jkircoff
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by davewerden View Post
          For anyone thinking about this, I played the horn when I was at Lee's shop. This thing REALLY responds! The notes come out the bell almost before you start to play them (well, that's a slight exaggeration, but it has very quick response).
          Thanks for the plug Dave. It's a great horn, but I need to downsize my euphonium collection and the Adams E1 is the one I play the least.

I'll be listing this on eBay soon if I don't get any bites here.
          James Kircoff

Comment

• RickF
            • Jan 2006

I think this is a great buy! If I needed an excellent horn I'd be jumping all over this one. Good luck with the sale James.
            Last edited by RickF; 10-04-2019, 06:46 PM.
            Rick Floyd
            Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
            Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches

El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
            The Cowboys (John Williams, arr. James Curnow)
            Festive Overture(Dmitri Shostakovich)
            ​

Comment

• 58mark
              • Feb 2013

email sent.

Comment

• Roger
                • Oct 2017

James, is the Adams still available?

Comment

• 58mark
                  • Feb 2013

I talked myself out of it. It was difficult, but I'm happy with what I have, so there isn't a reason to spend more money now. I did tell several people about it, so who knows if one of them jumped on it

Comment

• jkircoff
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    James, is the Adams still available?
                    The Adams is still available Roger. I replied to your email.
                    James Kircoff

Comment

• jkircoff
                      • Jan 2013

Sold! Thanks to all for their inquiries, and special thanks to Dave and Rick for their thoughts on the Adams!
                      James Kircoff

Comment

Working...
                      X