Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Adams E1 Custom euphonium with sterling silver bell and trigger

1. Thumbs up FS: Adams E1 Custom euphonium with sterling silver bell and trigger

Hello all,

I recently picked up an Adams E3 Custom, and to help fund that I am reluctanty offering my Adams E1 Custom for sale. It is a few years old, has .55 gauge thickness with a sterling silver bell, is multi-colored, and has a trigger. I bought this from Lee Stofer last year, who in turn got it from a college student who won an audition to play in a military band. It's a great horn with really good response, great valve action, and beautiful tone. The valves are in great shape, and the trigger system works perfectly. There are a couple of dings that I have photographed, along with some belt buckle scuffs and some scratching on the bell edge. Overall it is in pristine shape and it is an eye opener with its multi-colored appearance and lacquered finish. Included is Yahama hard shell case (some pictures show the Adams in a different case).

I've attached pictures to this post, which you can also view at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-9...R1QHjijst1IQdO

I'm asking $4,500. Email jkircoff at gmail dot com if interested or if you have any questions.

*****SOLD on 10/09/19*****

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-5844.JPG   IMG-5843.jpg   IMG-5845.JPG   IMG-5846.JPG   IMG-5847.JPG  

IMG-5848.JPG   IMG-5849.JPG   IMG-5850.JPG   IMG-5851.JPG   IMG-5852.JPG  

IMG-5853.JPG   IMG-5854.JPG   IMG-5855.JPG  
    Last edited by John Morgan; 10-09-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

2. Price reduced to $5,000 with a Yamaha hard shell case instead of the Marcus Bonna.
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

3. Price reduced to $4,500.
    James Kircoff

For anyone thinking about this, I played the horn when I was at Lee's shop. This thing REALLY responds! The notes come out the bell almost before you start to play them (well, that's a slight exaggeration, but it has very quick response).
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

5. Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    For anyone thinking about this, I played the horn when I was at Lee's shop. This thing REALLY responds! The notes come out the bell almost before you start to play them (well, that's a slight exaggeration, but it has very quick response).
    Thanks for the plug Dave. It's a great horn, but I need to downsize my euphonium collection and the Adams E1 is the one I play the least.

I'll be listing this on eBay soon if I don't get any bites here.
    James Kircoff

I think this is a great buy! If I needed an excellent horn I'd be jumping all over this one. Good luck with the sale James.
    Last edited by RickF; 10-04-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

email sent.

James, is the Adams still available?

I talked myself out of it. It was difficult, but I'm happy with what I have, so there isn't a reason to spend more money now. I did tell several people about it, so who knows if one of them jumped on it

10. Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    James, is the Adams still available?
    The Adams is still available Roger. I replied to your email.
    James Kircoff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast