Thread: FS: 1974 Besson New Standard euphonium

FS: 1974 Besson New Standard euphonium

For sale is a Besson New Standard from 1974 (sn 567xxx) wich I'm selling due to tuiton fees for college.
    the horn has been in my possession for 3 years now and is an excellent example of a good all-round euphonium. The euphonium itself is in a good shape; some little dings on the side and bottom bow as you can expect from an instrument this age but nothing big or major. There's also some wear on the silverplate, especially on the third valve slide (it gives the instrument something unique and retro in my opinion though), valves are in really good shape for the age. Intonation is great for a Besson, High Eb, E & F are suprisingly good in tune.
    The horn has been ultrasonically cleaned less than six months ago and has been maintained very well. Comes with a gigbag or a hardcase at the buyer's choice
    Asking price is 2000$ + Paypal fee, I'll cover the shipping costs from location myself (150$). Feel free to ask me more information or pictures, sensible offers are also welcome
    Kind Regards!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190729_143105.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	7065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190729_143046.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	7063Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190729_143102.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	7064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190729_143120.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	7066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190729_143123.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	7067
    Last edited by Vito; 08-09-2019 at 03:49 PM.

That looks like a nice horn for the money. Please read this post (linked at the top of the main For Sale section). There have been updates to it.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Hi Dave, I've read your post and of course I will consider a gratuity!

Thanks, Vito!

To ALL: please note that what I added to the 'read first' post is 1) to let us know items are sold by adding a comment, and 2) to NOT delete the original text. We like to refer to previous listings for info/perspective. Thanks.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

I forgot to mention that the horn comes with a hardcase or a gigbag at the buyer's choice!

Bump + price reduction

Bump

$2000, Final price reduction, great price for this horn!

Okay, since the new semester is about to start I need this instrument gone ASAP. Throw me your best offer if you are interested, it will be a great deal whatsoever: horn + case/gigbag + shipping! (Paypal fee for buyer)
    Vito

Is this horn still available?