Thread: Solo for church - "Share My Yoke"

Solo for church - "Share My Yoke"

I read a post on another forum where someone shared a link to a beautiful piece called, "Share My Yoke". I searched the web for other recordings and sheet music with piano accompaniment. Found it in the UK at 'Just Music UK' so ordered it. It's for Bb cornet but I read TC anyway. "Share My Yoke" was written by Major Joy Webb of the Salvation Army. Maj. Webb was founder of Salvation Army music group, "The Joystrings" back in the '60s. The arrangement for piano is by Ivor Bosanko. There are also arr. for brass band and wind band. Not sure the wind band arr. would work for euphonium since the intro is played by euphonium.

To listen to two excellent recordings go here:

Scroll down some and you'll see two video links. The first one is with euphonium. They don't give credit who the euphonium artist is but discovered it's Gaz Rose (Geneva artist) who plays with Salvation Army Band in the U.K. Just beautiful! (although not crazy about the synthesized strings). The second video is with brass ensemble with Hans Gansch playing cornet. Also beautiful.

-- edited to correct credit to Gaz Rose as euphonium soloist --
    Last edited by RickF; 09-03-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton Brandon Jones sig mpc
    YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    When the Saints Go Marching In (arr. Mashima) at ACB Conference Ft. Lauderdale
    Cell phone video of : El Cumbanchero:

Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    I read a post on another forum where someone shared a link to a beautiful piece called, "Share My Yoke". I searched the web for other recordings and sheet music with piano accompaniment. Found it in the UK at 'Just Music UK' so ordered it. It's for Bb cornet but I read TC anyway. "Share My Yoke" was written by Major Joy Webb of the Salvation Army. Maj. Webb was founder of Salvation Army music group, "The Joystrings" back in the '60s. The arrangement for piano is by Ivor Bosanko. There are also arr. for brass band and wind band. Not sure the wind band arr. would work for euphonium since the intro is played by euphonium.

To listen to two excellent recordings go here:

Scroll down some and you'll see two video links. The first one is with euphonium. They don't give credit who the euphonium artist is but discovered it's Gaz Rose (Geneva artist) who plays with Salvation Army Band in the U.K. Just beautiful! (although not crazy about the synthesized strings). The second video is with brass ensemble with Hans Gansch playing cornet. Also beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing this. I am always looking for music to play at church each week. This is a beautiful piece!
    Last edited by RickF; 09-03-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    John 3:16

Yamaha YSL-630 Trombone
    Conn 15I Euphonium
    Mack Brass Euphonium
    Conn Victor 5H Trombone
    Yamaha 354 Trombone
    Mack Brass 200S BBb Tuba

Great tune and great performances!
    Thanx for sharing.
    Yamaha 642-II Neo, Wedge 103A/Wick 4AL
    Yamaha 321, Yamaha 621 Baritone
    Conn 50H trombone