Thread: Looking for used professional euphoniums

1. Looking for used professional euphoniums

Hey everyone, I am a new member this website. I am currently attending uni. and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good professional euphonium between $3,000 to $4500. I currently play on a Chinese knock off of a Yamaha horn. Anyone who might be selling or has any recommendations on some euphoniums, please let me know

Hi Euphism,

Welcome to the forum. Dave Werden posts some of the best deals he finds on ebay in the "For Sale / Wanted to Buy" section of this forum. There's one that I'd really be interested in if I needed another euph. It's a great deal on an Adams E1 Custom for $4500. I would jump on that one myself if I didn't already have a great horn.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Where are you currently located? There are generally some used offerings at Baltimore Brass and Dillon Music. However these are in the U.S., and if you are international, it's often much easier to get one closer to you.
    Sterling / Perantucci 1065HGS Euphonium, 1952 B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, and a bunch of trombones.

In the same "for sale" section Rick linked I just added a nice Yamaha 642 for a little less than $3k. I like his suggestion of the Adams a little better though.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

5. Thank you for the suggestions, I will definitely go look there and keep an eye out.

6. I am from Georgia.

7. I am going to keep looking till around Christmas, I have to keep my grades up and my parents said they would help me purchase a new horn for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphism View Post
    I am from Georgia.
    I am assuming you mean the State in the U.S., and not the country?

If you are looking for a used pro horn in the U.S., this is one of the places you are going to find them.
    Sterling / Perantucci 1065HGS Euphonium, 1952 B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, and a bunch of trombones.