Thread: FS: Besson German 967 in Silver - Excellent Condition

Thumbs up FS: Besson German 967 in Silver - Excellent Condition

This is a great-looking horn! The case is included and also looks near perfect. Buy-it-now price is $4,699 and there IS a make-offer button. That's a very fair price, IMHO. (Many more photos in the listing)

SOLD, APPARENTLY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Besson-Model-967S-Sovereign-Compensating-Euphonium-SN-460468-GORGEOUS/333269976830

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	7040
    Last edited by davewerden; 07-19-2019 at 06:53 AM.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

2. Stellar instrument and a good initial price that could undoubtedly be negotiated lower. I'd consider it if I was in the market for a Besson.
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

Quote Originally Posted by jkircoff View Post
    Stellar instrument and a good initial price that could undoubtedly be negotiated lower. I'd consider it if I was in the market for a Besson.
    Not sure I agree on price. The new price is $8200 from Brasswind. This one is 57% of the new price. (But making a lower offer is not usually a bad idea - you never know!)
    Last edited by davewerden; 07-17-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

Looks like it sold - "out of stock"
    Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
    K&G 3.5D
    ---------------------------------
    Founder and Solo Euphonium
    San Francisco Brass Band

I have found a Besson Soverign 967 Euphonium on Ebay for $2500.The sn is 723XXX dating it to 85/86 .I have made an offer on it. It doesn't have the Germany( Made in Germany) engraving on the mouthpiece receiver as the modern ones.
    Are the Stats the same on this era 967 Soverign as the current 967 Soverigns?
    As I understand the current model 967 has a 12 " bell with a 590/650 bore.
    Thank You and Happy Holidays,
    John McKevitt

Quote Originally Posted by johnmckevitt View Post
    I have found a Besson Soverign 967 Euphonium on Ebay for $2500.The sn is 723XXX dating it to 85/86 .I have made an offer on it. It doesn't have the Germany( Made in Germany) engraving on the mouthpiece receiver as the modern ones.
    Are the Stats the same on this era 967 Soverign as the current 967 Soverigns?
    As I understand the current model 967 has a 12 " bell with a 590/650 bore.
    Thank You and Happy Holidays,
    John McKevitt
    My memory of the 967's I owned around those years is that the bell is 12" as you speculated. But the bore was about .580" on the main, .610" on the first compensating path and .630" on the 4th valve. (Those latter two may be off.)

The Sovereign model from England was made with the same valves and body as the New Standard and B&H Imperial. The Sovereign had its own leadpipe and bell. So bore specs would be the same as the more historic Bessons.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)