Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

This past Spring, I attended my first British brass band workshop, sponsored annually by The Canadian Band Association (Ontario). (luckily, I play Treble Clef). While there, I noticed all of the instrumentation but didn't really understand their function - until now.
    I always learn something as I read your Forum. Thanks!

3. I had just posted a link to a PDF version of that article in a baritone mouthpiece thread yesterday! Great minds think alike I suppose!
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

jkircoff - I can credit you for the inspiration. I didn't know about the article until your post, so I approached the Dublin band and Mr. Jameson right away for permissions to turn it into a web page article. It's a perfect fit for the Articles section and is quite (painlessly) educational.

5. Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    jkircoff - I can credit you for the inspiration. I didn't know about the article until your post, so I approached the Dublin band and Mr. Jameson right away for permissions to turn it into a web page article. It's a perfect fit for the Articles section and is quite (painlessly) educational.
    I am pleased and honored that I was able to contribute to your outstanding article section in an indirect way Dave!
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

6. Great article. Though I have been playing in British brass bands since the summer of 2008, I first heard/saw this essential information presented by Helen Harrelson at the first NABBSS in 2014 (?). In fact, Grant Jameson was at that session as an attendee and part of the RWCMD brass band featured at the Halifax Tattoo. It is wonderful that as a result of attending the IBBSS since that first summer of 2008, I have had the opportunity to study under, perform with, listen to, and share beers at the pub with just about every musician on Grant's list. VERY good advice/explanations from Grant.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band