Thread: WTB 51D with XT threads

1. WTB 51D with XT threads

Title says it all. I'm looking for a 51D with XT threads. I don't know if they are possible to make but if you got one, send me an email at hvaage1991@gmail.com

2. The XT junction diameter is awfully close to the rim diameter of the 51d. I suspect that’s why XT rims don’t come smaller than 101. If you could find an XT I cup and I9 shank I think that would be as close as you will get.

3. That's what I feared. I'll keep looking a bit longer before I try other options. But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nastynoff View Post
    Title says it all. I'm looking for a 51D with XT threads. I don't know if they are possible to make but if you got one, send me an email at hvaage1991@gmail.com
    They are possible. I had Dave Houser modify a 51D years ago to fit an XT rim and still have 2 euro shank BB1s that accept XT rims. The XT rims do leave a very slight discontinuity between the rim and the cup, as they are very slightly larger than the cup.

Mike

5. I see! Did it play alright? Maybe better getting one with LT threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastynoff View Post
    I see! Did it play alright? Maybe better getting one with LT threads?
    The best thing would be to send the 51D and both an XT and LT rim to whomever is going to thread the underpart so that they can do measurements. But, the LT rim would probably be the better fit.

Mike

7. If anyone has a LT threaded 51D they would like to get rid of, I'd be interested in that!