X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nastynoff
    • Nov 2008

WTB 51D with XT threads

Title says it all. I'm looking for a 51D with XT threads. I don't know if they are possible to make but if you got one, send me an email at hvaage1991@gmail.com
  • MikeS
    • Apr 2012

The XT junction diameter is awfully close to the rim diameter of the 51d. I suspect that’s why XT rims don’t come smaller than 101. If you could find an XT I cup and I9 shank I think that would be as close as you will get.

Comment

• Nastynoff
      • Nov 2008

That's what I feared. I'll keep looking a bit longer before I try other options. But thanks!

Comment

• mbrooke
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Nastynoff View Post
        Title says it all. I'm looking for a 51D with XT threads. I don't know if they are possible to make but if you got one, send me an email at hvaage1991@gmail.com
        They are possible. I had Dave Houser modify a 51D years ago to fit an XT rim and still have 2 euro shank BB1s that accept XT rims. The XT rims do leave a very slight discontinuity between the rim and the cup, as they are very slightly larger than the cup.

Mike

Comment

• Nastynoff
          • Nov 2008

I see! Did it play alright? Maybe better getting one with LT threads?

Comment

• mbrooke
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Nastynoff View Post
            I see! Did it play alright? Maybe better getting one with LT threads?
            The best thing would be to send the 51D and both an XT and LT rim to whomever is going to thread the underpart so that they can do measurements. But, the LT rim would probably be the better fit.

Mike

Comment

• Nastynoff
              • Nov 2008

If anyone has a LT threaded 51D they would like to get rid of, I'd be interested in that!

Comment

Working...
              X