Hello Everyone, how are y'all doing this summer?
This summer has yielded some very unexpected goodies. Me being the instrument geek I am, I am always looking for horns to add to my collection. So far I have a trumpet (Selmer Grand Prix), a cornet (Conn Director 15A), 3 trombones (King Tempo, Conn Director 16H, Yamaha YSL-448g), 2 marching baritones (Blessing, King 1124), and 2 euphoniums (Yamaha YEP-211, Wessex Dolce). I was always wanting a tuba, and maybe a french horn to complete the brass family collection. Last week, a good friend of mine was generous enough to give me a tuba, a King 1140. It is a little beat up, but it plays well, and with a little bit of love and money, could be a solid little brass quintet horn. Two weeks before that, I joined a community band just to give my euphonium playing a little more to do this summer. After the first rehearsal, I noticed they had some horns for sale: 2 Besson Westminster Baritones, and a 1920's Conn 4 valve euphonium in great shape. I then thought to myself "I must have". I worked out a deal with the band leaders, and yesterday I traded my Yamaha YEP-211 for one of the Bessons, and started a payment plan on the Conn. I have fallen in love with these horns, and they look great in my arsenal with my Wessex Dolce. Halfway through summer, and 3 very nice instruments I can make much use out of.
Any one else have these specific instruments? I love talking about equipment .