Thread: SOLD -Cronkhite Gig Bag for Sale - Good Price - $120

1. Thumbs up SOLD -Cronkhite Gig Bag for Sale - Good Price - $120

Back in 2007, I asked Steven Mead how he transported his horn for International travel. He told me he used a Cronkhite Gig bag. His answer:
    "Hello Douglas,

I highly recommend a good gig bag for air travel with a euphonium. You are allowed to take onto any airplane, one carry bag and one musical instrument - the world over ! I use the Cronkhite leather gig now, its very good and you can get it in three colours from www.justforbrass.com black, dark brown and hunter green.

With kind regards
    Steve"

So I went out right away and purchased a dark blue cordura Cronkhite bag from Pat Stuckemeyer in December of 2007. In 11 1/2 years, this bag has been to Europe and back on British Air at least 10 times, has traveled in a Southwest Airlines overhead all over the US, traveled for 2 days in the top bunk of my California Zephyr stateroom while I practiced in the bottom bunk, has been dragged all around the London Underground and British Rail on my back, and has happily carried a Besson 2051-2, Besson 967S, Adams E3, Sterling Virtuoso, and probably one or two other horns. I NEVER had any damage to any of my horns while ensconced in this particular bag.

I am now selling this Cronkhite bag (perhaps the luckiest bag around!) for the very low price of just $120 plus shipping expense. While a little dirty, the bag is in good condition with no tears and is completely functional. All zippers work well. The only issue is that the metal snap ring on one of the shoulder straps lost its metal spring so it can easily come undone from its D-ring. I keep this from unlatching by wrapping it in black electrical tape.

Please contact me by PM if interested. (Also see my note about Wick 4AL's for sale to benefit dwerden.com)
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Good luck Doug with the sale of your Cronkhite bag. This is a good price!

Cronkhite bags are one of—it not the best gig bags around for euphonium. I bought a leather Cronkhite bag for my Yamaha 641 several years ago (from Brandon Jones) and it's served me well. The spring clips on my bag got a little weak so I slid some clear tubing over the clasp to keep them from opening.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)