Thread: P.O.W. / M.I.A. March

P.O.W. / M.I.A. March

A long-time trombone player in our band and band librarian, Chris Horn, arranged a march to honor his 94 y.o. father who fought during WW-II. He told Chris that it would be nice if there was a march to honor military members who were either prisoners of war or missing in action. (Chris's father was shot down over France during WW-II when he was piloting his B-26 and was prisoner in a Stalag camp for almost a year). Chris came up with a pretty nice arrangement, a medley of music from "The Great Escape", "Hogan's Heroes" and "The Bridge on the River Kwai". He got permission to perform his arr. from appropriate people. Chris marched in the OSU band when Paul Droste was there.

We played this piece again at our "Rhapsody in Red, White and Blue" concert this past week. If interested you can listen at the link below. Chris says he has the parts in pdf format and it's free. We have a clarinetist who played with "Pershing's Own" U.S. Army Band '79 to '82 and she liked it quite a bit.

P.O.W / M.I.A. March - arr. Chris Horn:

- - -
    Last edited by RickF; 05-22-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Clever adaptations, I've forwarded the info to our director.

Thanks, Rick.

D