Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simes
    • May 2016

Well I’ve had a listen, although I concede it may have been an identically titles piece, but it doesn’t seem any trickier than a lot of other pieces, unless it is in a truly vile key.
    1983 Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign
    Denis Wick SM4 (original series)

Comment

• mbrooke
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Simes View Post
      Is there a score I can look at?

I’m intrigued to see how hard it can be because I’ve seen pieces that were nigh on impossible, and that’s at the very highest level of British brass band euphonium playing.
      My take is that the original question is referring to band music (wind band) not brass band, since the pieces mentioned are wind band pieces. I would hazard a guess that most of us aren't familiar with brass band literature. Although I do recall seeing a the euphonium part for the brass band band arrangement of Dvorak's 8th that was pretty terrible looking.

Mike
      Last edited by mbrooke; 05-17-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Simes
        • May 2016

From memory I recall Revelation (Philip Wiley) being extraordinarily difficult, ... Dove Descending (Wilby) likewise, especially the euph cadenza in natural tones only using the fourth valve. Torchbearer by Peter Graham was horrible in places, as was Harrison’s Dream and Triumph Of Time.
        1983 Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign
        Denis Wick SM4 (original series)

Comment

• jstainback
          • Jan 2022

The Melody Shop by Karl King!

https://youtu.be/ViGEHGSUbtQ?t=76

Comment

Working...
          X