Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Thank you to everyone here.

  1. #1

    Thank you to everyone here.

    I mostly lurk about but I wanted to thank everyone who put up with my proud dad posts about my son, Logan.

    He will be studying music performance this fall with Lance LaDuke at Carnegie Mellon University. As of right now he plans tentatively on getting a masters in exercise science and somehow combining the two. He’s blazing his own trail in the world and I couldn’t be more proud of him.

    Several year ago we were dirt poor and using our tax refund to buy him a Wessex horn. Before that a Mack Brass Euph. It was the advice here which really, really helped us. We live in a rural community with few resources nearby. Without the help of people like you all reading this, his development as a musician would have been far different.

    Mr. Werden, thanks! To Snorlax, your skype lesson years back was an act of kindness which really means a lot to me and Logan. Thank you! To everyone who has taken the time to comment, thanks!
    I play a Wessex Prague
    aka “Pocket Kaiser”
    Stofer Geib Mouthpiece

    My Son plays
    Mack Brass Compensating Euphonium
    Wessex Dolce Compensating Euphonium
    Doug Elliott EUPH SN103, I, I9

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis area
    Posts
    783
    Jake, it was an absolute delight to work with Logan...his talent and the dedication were instantly recognizable!
    What a great combination he has chosen as well...lots of potential with performance and exercise science.
    This forum is indeed populated with intelligent, interesting, and talented folks...props to Dave for providing this
    space for all of us.
    Continued success to Logan and to his excellent parents!
    Jim
    Yamaha 642-II Neo, Wedge 103A/Wick 4AL
    Yamaha 321, Yamaha 621 Baritone
    Conn 50H trombone
    Blue P-bone
    www.soundcloud.com/jweuph

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Jake, it was an absolute delight to work with Logan...his talent and the dedication were instantly recognizable!
    What a great combination he has chosen as well...lots of potential with performance and exercise science.
    This forum is indeed populated with intelligent, interesting, and talented folks...props to Dave for providing this
    space for all of us.
    Continued success to Logan and to his excellent parents!
    Jim
    Jim, thanks! He almost went for exercise science as a major, but figured if he wants to work with elite musicians, he should become one himself. He sees a possible future working in DCI or even seeing patients individually somehow. He sees a void and wants to be the one to fill that void.

    Wherever his path takes him, Music will be right there with him. The discipline, work ethic and motivation he learned from euphonium will help him whatever path he chooses.

    Doesn’t hurt that his education will be almost free because of his euphonium talent and great GPA!
    I play a Wessex Prague
    aka “Pocket Kaiser”
    Stofer Geib Mouthpiece

    My Son plays
    Mack Brass Compensating Euphonium
    Wessex Dolce Compensating Euphonium
    Doug Elliott EUPH SN103, I, I9

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,142
    Congrats to your son Logan. Carnegie Mellon sounds like a great choice and studying with Lance LaDuke should be great too! I used to think of CMU more of a science and technical institute but I was wrong. We had a horn player who played in our comm. band during H.S. He went to Tanglewood one summer and was chosen to play the solo in “Rite of Spring”. He went to Lynn Univ. for his bachelor’s but is now at CMU studying with William Caballero of the Pittsburg Symphony. Great opportunities in that area. Good luck to Logan.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton Brandon Jones sig mpc
    YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank


    "Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    When the Saints Go Marching In (arr. Mashima) at ACB Conference Ft. Lauderdale
    Cell phone video of : El Cumbanchero:

  5. I had the delight to teach a wonderful young man by the name of Noah Lauziere last year during his senior year of HS and shepherd him through auditions. He now is a freshman euphonium student at CMU under Prof. LaDuke. He is loving the experience. I hope that Logan has met (will meet) Noah. Also, make sure Logan spends time with Algirdis Matonis of the River City Brass Band. Best of wishes to your son.
    Sterling Virtuoso 1052HS & Adams E3 Prototype 0.70 Top Sprung valves
    Sterling Virtuoso 1050HS baritone & Conn 24I/25I euphonium
    New England Brass Band/Metropolitan Wind Symphony
    Winchendon Winds/Townsend Military Band

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Congrats to your son Logan. Carnegie Mellon sounds like a great choice and studying with Lance LaDuke should be great too! I used to think of CMU more of a science and technical institute but I was wrong. We had a horn player who played in our comm. band during H.S. He went to Tanglewood one summer and was chosen to play the solo in “Rite of Spring”. He went to Lynn Univ. for his bachelor’s but is now at CMU studying with William Caballero of the Pittsburg Symphony. Great opportunities in that area. Good luck to Logan.
    Thank you so very much! That is a very exciting story for me to hear. Logan has so many opportunities ahead of him at CMU.
    I play a Wessex Prague
    aka “Pocket Kaiser”
    Stofer Geib Mouthpiece

    My Son plays
    Mack Brass Compensating Euphonium
    Wessex Dolce Compensating Euphonium
    Doug Elliott EUPH SN103, I, I9

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    I had the delight to teach a wonderful young man by the name of Noah Lauziere last year during his senior year of HS and shepherd him through auditions. He now is a freshman euphonium student at CMU under Prof. LaDuke. He is loving the experience. I hope that Logan has met (will meet) Noah. Also, make sure Logan spends time with Algirdis Matonis of the River City Brass Band. Best of wishes to your son.

    How cool! He has only met Abby Lanan that I know of but he is so excited to meet everyone in the studio. I’m excited for him! We have been watching “Matonizz” videos for years and he will definitely be checking out river city brass band and Algirdas Matonis (?) as much as possible. Thank you!!!
    I play a Wessex Prague
    aka “Pocket Kaiser”
    Stofer Geib Mouthpiece

    My Son plays
    Mack Brass Compensating Euphonium
    Wessex Dolce Compensating Euphonium
    Doug Elliott EUPH SN103, I, I9

  8. Lance is fantastic. Congratulations!

  9. #9
    Congratulations to Logan!
    Frost School of Music (UMiami) - BM Euphonium Performance '21


    Besson Prestige 2052 Euphonium - Alliance DC2
    Bach 50B3 Bass Trombone - Denis Wick 00AL
    Olds P-16 "Custom" Trombone - Yamaha 48

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •