Thread: 3rd valve tuning slide protector

3rd valve tuning slide protector

Not sure where to post this, but curious to know if anyone has experience with some kind of protector that can protect the third valve tuning slide area from your left hand when wearing a watch.

Attended my weekly brass band rehearsal and after the first piece, I noticed that my watch left a bit of a scratch on my horn (a new Yamaha 642 Neo). And yes, I did remove my watch at that point. So although I could do that whenever playing, I would like to be able to wear it as well. Any ideas ?

Some put their watch on the other wrist. I know Charley Highams does that.

You could get some leather guards to cover the slide. I recommend LSCO (Leather Specialties Co.) My watch doesn’t come in contact with my M5050 because of the reach angle.

LSCO:
    https://www.lscoguard.com/guards/eup...-baritone.html

image of LSCO guards on my horn:
    http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...367#post120367
    Last edited by RickF; 03-16-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Thank you Rick, I will make contact with them,
    Nick

4. I have to take off all but my wedding ring when I play, for similar reasons.
    Wessex Dolce

"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things -- trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones." - Puddleglum in "The Silver Chair"