Thread: Selling my yamaha Silent brass mute

1. Exclamation Selling my yamaha Silent brass mute

I bought this system around January of 2015 and I've used it a handful of times when a practice room wasn't available but I havent needed it for a long time.
    Great mute, love the plug in personal studio, couldn't ask for a better mute.
    Looking for $180 and I'll pay shipping to the continental US
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190306_112426.jpg   20190306_112437.jpg   20190306_112332.jpg   20190306_112234.jpg   20190306_112142.jpg  

20190306_112112.jpg   20190306_112050.jpg   20190306_112045.jpg  

I moved this to the For Sale area.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Would this work with a Wessex Dolce?
    How much sound does it actually mute? Would babies down the hall be able to sleep through it?
    Wessex Dolce

"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things -- trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones." - Puddleglum in "The Silver Chair"

Yes it will, have used it on mine as well as numerous other brands. Though my babies are long grown, I’d say they could be sitting beside you and still sleep !!!

5. I'm interested! Hubby wants me to try to use one somewhere before committing to the expense, so I'll need to do a little legwork. I'll see what I can do!
    Last edited by lzajmom; 03-13-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Wessex Dolce

"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things -- trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones." - Puddleglum in "The Silver Chair"

6. Quote Originally Posted by lzajmom View Post
    Would this work with a Wessex Dolce?
    How much sound does it actually mute? Would babies down the hall be able to sleep through it?
    I would say that it mutes about 90% of the sound. The only sound that escapes is what resonates through the body of the horn. I used it in college while I lived with several roommates and as long as I wasn't trying to play above forte, no one could hear it.

7. Sorry for the slow response! I don't open the laptop every day and it's too hard to post from my phone.
    After looking at it some more online, I'm just not sure I'm ready for something so big. I'm short on space already and I don't know where I would put it. Best of luck selling it!
    Wessex Dolce