Thread: My review of the King 2280 Euphonium

1. My review of the King 2280 Euphonium

Hey everyone, excuse me for a quick plug. I frequent here every once a while usually posting about horns. I made a thread a while ago asking what would you want to see in a instrument review.

Well I took the step forward and created my first instrument review. Please give me some feedback and tell me what you think I missed or should have focused on more.

King 2280 Euphonium Review:
    https://youtu.be/D5elrwTKCsM

Thanks for watching!

I have both the king (that I converted to a 5 valve instrument) and the packer 274. Here's my thoughts

The king has quicker, lighter valves that have shorter action.

The packer is heavier,better built (yes, even for a chinese instrument) And has a more traditional "besson" tone. It also has a slightly larger bell.

Both instruments have great intonation.

you were correct about the king receiver being too large. I can't use my sm3 with it because it doesn't seal at all. Bach mouthpieces work well usually.

No offence, but are you sure you were getting a good seal around the receiver? I heard some fuzz in the recording that wasn't doing the review any favors.

Good choice of a horn to review! In terms of feedback to you, you might come off as more critical than you intended. I'm thinking specifically about your comments regarding the high register. Also, it would help to verify that other common mouthpieces fit correctly. The SM3 is an "advanced" piece that many intermediate players may not be ready for. All in all, very well done and thank you. It was good to hear this horn. - Carroll