Thread: Euphonium Vacancy with The United States Air Force Band, Washington, D.C.

Euphonium Vacancy with The United States Air Force Band, Washington, D.C.

Hello everyone,

We have an audition for a euphonium vacancy with The United States Air Force Band in Washington, D.C. Here’s a link to the flyer/information:

https://www.music.af.mil/Bands/The-U...ir-Force-Band/

This is a great job with great people. This particular vacancy is with the Ceremonial Brass. The job takes us from Arlington National Cemetery to the White House, Pentagon, and everywhere in between. We perform every year on the Fourth of July on NBC’s Today Show. Truly an awesome job. For clarification, we have one of our euphonium players has promoted and is taking on a full-time administration job within the band and is a non-playing position, therefore opening up a slot to hire. No one is “leaving” the band.

If there are any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our USAF Band auditions team (very, very long email address; make sure it’s typed out correctly exactly as it appears). They’re very quick to respond and can answer any question that you may have about the process. My only advice is to play musically true to each piece and try to enjoy the process as much as you can. We have selected some fantastic excerpts from some fantastic pieces of music. Have fun with it!

We all hope to hear hundreds of submissions! Best of luck to everyone who will be sending in materials, and hope to see you in DC in May!

Brandon
    Brandon Jones
    Principal Euphonium - The United States Air Force Band, Washington, D.C.
    bmjones82@gmail.com

Mr. Jones,
    Looking at the audition flyer and website I assumed this was for just one position. However, a colleague showed me this site: https://www.lastrowmusic.com/tuba-an...ium/auditions/ that specifically states two positions. Is this site mistaken?

Best!