Thread: Conn 24I Euphonium

Thumbs up Conn 24I Euphonium

The euphonium has been sold and picked up by it's new owner. So glad that it was purchased by someone who will use it and appreciate the good qualities of the instrument.

Since one of the members is interested in purchasing my 24I Euphonium I thought it fair to open it up to the rest of the group. It's in extremely good condition for a horn purchased in 1963. All the valves are in great shape and I've included a photo of both sides of the first valve which is representative of all four. The trigger for the main tuning slide is all there and works well. It was my instrument in college and I guess I've used it all the way to around 2007 or 08. It has one small dent in the upper bow and the bell has received the most damage of the instrument. It's been rolled out at least twice and still shows pretty well. All tuning slides are free and work. The finish is in good shape and maybe an 8 out of 10. The case is in great shape except one of the straps I had to rig as it broke. I have the original mouthpiece and a copy of the original brochure. Somewhere I have the original invoice. It came from Knecht Music in Philadelphia. Horn plays great and it has served me well. Even though it was given to me by my parents, my son has no interest in the horn so I feel it best to make sure it goes to a good home and is played. Not sure what sort of pricing so at this point I'm open to offers and suggestions. I've done as Dave suggested and found a few sold prices. What I'll ask is $1500 and be open to reasonable offers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1463.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	6626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1464.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	6627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1462.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	6628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1461.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	6629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1459.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	6630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1460.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	6631
    Last edited by BDeisinger; 02-11-2019 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Insrument sold.
    B&S 3046 Baritone/Euphonium
    Wessex Festivo
    B&S PT37-S
    Schilke ST20 Tenor Trombone
    Jupiter XO Double valve bass trombone

Nice horn! Good luck with the sale.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by BDeisinger View Post
    Not sure what sort of pricing so at this point I'm open to offers and suggestions.
    Several have been listed on the forum in this section. Do a search for "connstellation" or "constellation" - you might find a few with a sold price listed.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium