Thread: King 2280 for sale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

King 2280 for sale REDUCED

i have reduced the price to $850 plus shipping...

I was asked to double euphonium (i'm really a tuba guy) and bought this King 2280 from a music repair school in colorado somewhere, that was advertising it in Craig's list. I played it about a year and was satisfied with it in every way EXCEPT, (and i discussed the problem in this forum) when i have shoulder and neck injuries that make holding my arm in position to play the top action valves difficult and painful after a while. i tried different positions and levels, but couldn't find a way to play it easily.

i bought a Wessex Festivo front action euphonium that i've played exclusively. It surely makes playing euphonium more comfortable for me. This one has been on the shelf for a year... i'm in the process of downsizing my tuba to a 3/4 and thought i'd offer this for sale to help finance that.

It isn't perfect... there are a few dings/dents and some lacquer is off, but it plays. the valves feel good, the sound is satisfying and it plays in tune if I do. i hadn't played it in over a year, and while i was pulling the slides/valves for the picture i played it a while and almost decided to keep it... but it would end up on never getting played. it needs to be used. a great choice for a highschool player, community band... maybe college.

as you can see in the picture, all slides are pulled (except the 3rd and i didn't want to disassemble the spring assembly, but it moves freely) and valves are decent.

the case is usable (but heavy, i used an altieri gig bag i had made for a little Conn 3 valve i tried before i bought the king.) the inside is better than the exterior, i sprayed the outside black. the top, end and sides look pretty good, but the bottom needs some help... but i wasn't worried about that much.

i'm pricing it at $850 plus shipping... i've never done this before, so i'm not exactly what the procedure is. i suppose if you decide you want it, i will package it and take it to the USPS or UPS store and have them give me a shipping price and then we can decide on how payment is to be made. I've done that before when i've bought horns.

take a look at the attached picture... if you want more, send me an email address or textable phone number and i'll take some more.

thanks for reading this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190107_100824.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	6544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190107_145448.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	4.26 MB 
ID:	6547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190107_145502.jpg 
Views:	28