Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Besson 1065 vs 165

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingGamer View Post
    I 100% agree. I own a Packer and it is one of the best compensating horns out there for the money! If you do get one, get it off of Reevesbrass. Brand new, they go for about $1200. Also, be sure to try out these horns first before you buy them. I suggest going to a conference, like the Army Tuba-Euph workshop at the end of this month.
    I vouch for this too. I am located in SEA and I've gotten my JP274 from Mr. Reeves of Reeves Brass. Compared to the pricing I've received from dealers from Taiwan and Singapore, he has the best deal.

Mack Brass, Wessex Dolce are definitely amazing choices too!
    "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
    Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianeSparkle View Post
    I vouch for this too. I am located in SEA and I've gotten my JP274 from Mr. Reeves of Reeves Brass. Compared to the pricing I've received from dealers from Taiwan and Singapore, he has the best deal.

Mack Brass, Wessex Dolce are definitely amazing choices too!

SEA = Southeast Asia, in case you were confused like me and initially thought Seattle.
    Clayton M.
    Musician for Fun
    Euphonium Newbie - XO 1270S
    Trumpet Novice - XO 1602RS

3. Another factor is the weight of the instrument. I've aged , so I switched from my Yamaha Compensated Euphonium to this Besson because it is sooo much lighter. It's easier to hold without the need for a "pillow" on my knee. Sounds OK, but some intonation problems with a too flat Eb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12