Thread: FS: Adams E1 Euphonium - Trigger and Sterling Silver Bell

FS: Adams E1 Euphonium - Trigger and Sterling Silver Bell

Repairman Lee Stofer has a couple interesting horns in his shop, ready to sell. One is an E1 that is a few years old. It is made of .55 metal with the sterling silver bell. This has a main slide trigger, and also a 4th valve locking flap. It comes with what Lee believes is a Yamaha 842 hard case and the Adams soft horn cover. I had a chance to play on this one, and it is a NICE horn! The response is exceptionally good on this horn. There are a few minor dings, but nothing of concern. The bell is scratched/scuffed on the edge (the horn was probably place on its bell routinely). Asking price is $5,000.

Contact Lee for more information:
    https://tubameister.com/contact/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overall top.jpg   Overall bottom.jpg   Bell edge.jpg   Bell scratches.jpg   Bottom Bow.jpg  

Ding 1.jpg   Ding 2.jpg  
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

*sigh*
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

3. I called Lee and this Adams E1 was still available, so I pulled the trigger and it will be delivered some time next week.

It also comes with an extra receiver and an extra tuning slide that's supposed to give you the option to remove the trigger if you're looking to free up some weight.
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

Quote Originally Posted by jkircoff View Post
    I called Lee and this Adams E1 was still available, so I pulled the trigger and it will be delivered some time next week.

It also comes with an extra receiver and an extra tuning slide that's supposed to give you the option to remove the trigger if you're looking to free up some weight.
    Congratulations! It's a nice horn, and very responsive, as I mentioned above!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

5. Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Congratulations! It's a nice horn, and very responsive, as I mentioned above!
    Thanks! Your play testing gave me more confidence to invest in this Adams, as I don't have the ability to drive or fly long distances to try them out. Lee also shared the recent ordeal you had with your E3 and your Marcus Bonna case -- I hope you he was able to restore it to original condition!
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

...Lee also shared the recent ordeal you had with your E3 and your Marcus Bonna case -- I hope you he was able to restore it to original condition!
    He does great work for sure! Check out this post:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...Stofer-in-Iowa
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

You "pulled the trigger". Well played
    David Bjornstad

8. Quote Originally Posted by DaveBj View Post
    You "pulled the trigger". Well played
    It's always good to see other people who share my fondness for horrible puns!
    James Kircoff

9. Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    He does great work for sure! Check out this post:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...Stofer-in-Iowa
    Awesome to see a happy ending to this mini-crisis! After I evaluate this Adams, I may send it back to Lee and have him fix up the cosmetic blemishes caused by the previous owner.
    James Kircoff

It's always good to see other people who share my fondness for horrible puns!
    Well, you have a fellow pun-isher in me
    David Bjornstad