Thread: Cory Band - Ruslan and Ludmilla - WOW!

Cory Band - Ruslan and Ludmilla - WOW!

This is just amazing! Bob Childs conducting...with no mercy!

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams E3, Denis Wick 4AL (classic)
    Instructor of Euphonium and Tuba
    Twitter: davewerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    YouTube: dwerden
    Owner of TubaEuph.com, DWerden.com

Wow, the tempo is crazy fast! The articulation and tightness of the group is very impressive.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton Brandon Jones sig mpc
    YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    When the Saints Go Marching In (arr. Mashima) at ACB Conference Ft. Lauderdale
    Cell phone video of : El Cumbanchero:

Brilliant playing and a superb piece.

I played this when I auditioned for William Davies Construction brass band in 1982 when I was only 15. It was an eye opener!

Like, wow!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

Dreamland...

DG
    3 notes and the truth.

1966 Besson 181 highly modified New Standard, early model Wick 4AL
    1918 Hawkes & Son euph 3&1 original
    1917 Conn C/D/Eb mellophone original
    1915 York Bb tenorhorn original, Bach 5GS

6. Now you all know why I go to England/Wales every summer to attend the IBBSS. This year will be my 10th. I get a chance to play with the principals of both Cory and Black Dyke, meet up with a 100 or so like minded musicians from all over the world, and have a great time playing really hard music conducted by Nick Child (and Bob as well in the past). Last year, I was the only American in the group, though there have been as many as 5 or 6 in years past. We also get fine musicians from Eikanger (Norway), Netherlands, Switzerland (both French and German speaking), Ireland, Japan, NZ, Australia, Taiwan, and China.

Yeah...these people are fantastic. And also a LOT OF FUN to hang out with.

Doug
    Sterling Virtuoso 1052HS & Adams E3 Prototype 0.70 Top Sprung valves
    Sterling Virtuoso 1050HS baritone & Conn 24I/25I euphonium
    New England Brass Band/Metropolitan Wind Symphony
    Winchendon Winds/Townsend Military Band

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    Now you all know why I go to England/Wales every summer to attend the IBBSS. This year will be my 10th. I get a chance to play with the principals of both Cory and Black Dyke, meet up with a 100 or so like minded musicians from all over the world, and have a great time playing really hard music conducted by Nick Child (and Bob as well in the past). Last year, I was the only American in the group, though there have been as many as 5 or 6 in years past. We also get fine musicians from Eikanger (Norway), Netherlands, Switzerland (both French and German speaking), Ireland, Japan, NZ, Australia, Taiwan, and China.

Yeah...these people are fantastic. And also a LOT OF FUN to hang out with.

Doug
    Hey Doug,

Now that sounds like a lot of fun. I traveled to Bristol (H-P location) some years back while working at Hewlett-Packard (my second career after the Army). And visited Cardiff and some other places in Wales that look like they are not far from Swansea University (IBBSS). That is some awesome country. Boy, would I like to make that journey to join you and others. Maybe some day when I figure out how to take my horn some where long distance without worrying about it getting messed up along the way. Can you rent a good horn over there for this camp? Starting to think about it... Better not tell my wife, or we are going for sure. She WANTS TO MAKE A TRIP TO THE UK!!!!!

John
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

If you like this then have a listen to this also:

https://youtu.be/InN8MTV2t1Y