Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ITEC (International Tuba Euphonium Conference) 2019

Dave, the link on the page to email John Manning doesn't work, but I have his U of I email and I emailed him.

Although, I'm sure he's incredibly busy with the conference and his many responsibilities may mean he isn't checking his U of i email very often, but if he does and sheds some light on this, I'll be sure to let you know.

The link on the page is a "mailto:" link, which would try to open your default email program. On my computer I never set up a default program, so it doesn't work.

But you can type this one easily enough, which is what the link is supposed to do:

ITEC2019 at gmail.com

Perhaps that will also CC some of the conference staff to get you quicker answers.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Dave, John Manning responded on his U of I email account and confirmed that as far as he knew there would be individual tickets for $15 for all of the concerts. I'm likely going to attend the Fountain City Brass Band concert with the various soloists on Wed evening.

I'm also still interested to see if anyone from the Forum here is interested in meeting for one of the after hours concerts at the Mill. I'm not sure how many forum members are here in Iowa City, but if anyone is interested, please let me know.

You can PM here on the forum or use my email me, johnwiers1@gmail.com.

I'm here now in the Coralville Marriott.
    Arrived yesterday afternoon; leaving Thursday morning.
    I'd love to meet all of you...
    PMs welcome!!
    Jim
    Jim Williams N9EJR (love 10 meter CW)
    Formerly Principal Euphonium in a whole
    bunch of groups, now just a schlub.
    Shires Q41, Yamaha 321, 621 Baritone
    Wick 4AL, Wessex 4Y, or whatever I grab.
    Conn 50H trombone, Blue P-bone
    www.soundcloud.com/jweuph

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    I am here with my wife, Linda as of today (Monday). I will be here through Saturday night. I am up for a gathering on Wednesday after the evening concert. Perhaps at the Mill. We will be taking the shuttle from the Marriott, so I think we have to get back on the bus back to the Marriott by 11 pm which is when I think the shuttle makes the last trip of the night.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

I'm currently planning on being at the Wed evening concert at Voxman and The Mill is kitty-corner across the street. Although Marc Dickman is the only jazz euphoniumist that I recognize, if the rest are of his caliber, it should be a good gig. I'm not sure if I'll last until 11-- I might make it until 10:30 or so -- but I'm in for Wed night.

Does anyone have a suggestion where to gather? Given the tight quarters in The Mill, it might be better to gather someplace at Voxman and walk over together. I've only been in the new Voxman a couple of times, but maybe you guys who are attending the whole conference can scope out a convenient gathering place.

Quote Originally Posted by John the Theologian View Post
    I'm currently planning on being at the Wed evening concert at Voxman and The Mill is kitty-corner across the street. Although Marc Dickman is the only jazz euphoniumist that I recognize, if the rest are of his caliber, it should be a good gig. I'm not sure if I'll last until 11-- I might make it until 10:30 or so -- but I'm in for Wed night.

Does anyone have a suggestion where to gather? Given the tight quarters in The Mill, it might be better to gather someplace at Voxman and walk over together. I've only been in the new Voxman a couple of times, but maybe you guys who are attending the whole conference can scope out a convenient gathering place.
    Might I suggest meeting at the main entrance to Voxman (right on the corner and inside the door)? I'll try to make it myself if I get my body clock reset by then.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

Dave, sounds like a plan. I think we all should recognize you.

I'm modifying the suggestion slightly. The are some stairs leading downward that are near that door. To avoid the crowd, please go down those stairs to where the couches are. K? Thanks!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

There is a $75 single-day option. I suppose it's clear to everyone that ITEA membership is required; I mention it here in case someone might read my post out of context and think that anyone could drop in at that price. Registration is on the ITEA website. I inquired a couple of weeks ago about whether separate tickets for evening concerts would be available and received no reply.

Dave mentioned tonight in-person the idea of getting together on the basement level just beneath the main entrance, right after the evening concert TOMORROW (Wednesday). Some of us don't do the night-club thing, but those who do could of course continue the "forum fellowship" down the street at The Mill. I'll look down there tomorrow night and see what's happening.

Randy
    Last edited by RandyL; 05-28-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast