Thread: FS: VMI 3302 5 Valve BBb tuba

1. Thumbs up FS: VMI 3302 5 Valve BBb tuba

I figured I'd post this here as well as TubeNet and Facebook. I know most aren't tuba guys on here, but the more places it's out there the better!

For sale is a VMI 3302 BBb tuba. It is located in Normal, Illinois. I'd prefer to not ship it, but I can arrange it if the buyer pays for it. It would be a better idea to come try/buy, and transport it on your own, safely. I'm asking $4000.

Mechanically, everything is in great shape. All 5 valves move easily, slides pull easily and are adjustable while playing. Cosmetically, there is some lacquer wear on the bottom bow and on the back of the tuba, as well as some dents, which should be easily removed with some dent balls. None affect the sound. I am am the third owner of this tuba. It plays wonderfully. Low register is powerful and easy to play. I use third valve for G at the bottom of the staff and D below it. The fifth valve makes the pedal Eb, C, and B in tune. The Eb is solid as a rock. All in all, it's a great BBb tuba.

Since I'm looking to buy a CC tuba, I have to sell this one. I think it is a perfect tuba for a high school student, a college student who would like to own a tuba of their own, or somebody who wants a great 5 valve BBb tuba. I think it would be great for any university or even high school program. It's built like a tank.

The horn will come with an MTS hard case and a burgundy Altieri gig bag I had made for this tuba. Message me with any questions. If you are interested in this tuba and the euphonium I have for sale, PM me. I'll sell you both for $5500.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...i5DT1gFfRTa2z2

Here is a Google Drive link with pictures. Let me know if it doesn't work.
    Last edited by RickF; 01-02-2019 at 07:35 PM.

2. SOLD!!